IPO advocates cost effective and reliable patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret protection and urges laws to provide reasonable certainty and avoid undue litigation. Current initiatives include:
- Promoting legislation to reform U.S. patent, trade secret, and trademark laws.
- Filing amicus briefs with U.S. courts and other tribunals.
- Ending permanently the government practice of diverting user fee collections from the USPTO.
- Working to harmonize the world’s patent laws.
- Commenting on regulations and guidelines for intellectual property law implementation.
- Combatting counterfeiting and piracy in the U.S. and abroad.
This section includes hot topics in IP in Congress, the courts and the international arena, IPO position statements and amicus briefs, and links to House and Senate Resources. Use the links to the right to navigate through this section.